You may recall me asking for your help to publicise my article on “Why You Should Reject LinkedIn Connection Requests“, around two months ago.
This was my first entry into the 6th annual JobMob international career blogging contest and after two months and 24 contestants (one disqualified), the final results are in….
Well….silver prize that is
Coming second place in this contest is exciting for two reasons:
- The silver prize package has just what I need to take my career blogging to new levels – which should result in more great content for you, more often;
- It gives me something to aspire to next year – gold!
The best athletes stay on top of their game by aiming for a higher target each time so the same principle can apply to blogging (and anything else you want to achieve for that matter)
A big heartfelt thank you for all your help in sharing the article and helping to spread the word.
All 24 entries contained useful tips and advice to help you move further in your career so it’s well worth checking out the full list of articles.
Here are eight of my favourites (in no particular order):
- Online Job Applications: All You Really Need To Know – Dean Giles
- 4 Ways to Avoid Going Nuts During a Career Transition – Chrissy Scivicque
- 15 Reasons Why Job Openings Seem To Appear Forever – Lavie Margolin
- Why A Facebook Page Is A Must For Job Seekers – Danielle McGaw
- 2 Super Secret Job Search Ninja Techniques You’ve Never Heard Before – Joshua Waldman
- Become Your Own Job Creator in 10 Simple Steps – Donna Sweidan
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Job Search NOW – Hannah Morgan
- How To Keep Your LinkedIn Job Search Undetected While Currently Employed – Chris Perry (this was the first place winner)
That’s all folks – let me know what useful tips you pick up from the articles… (PS: that picture above is me winning a different award)